TSDSI congratulates experts from Department of Telecommunications, Telecommunications Engineering Center, Academia and Industry elected to leadership positions in ITU-T at the recently held WTSA 2020 meeting. This is a recognition of the contributions of these experts in development of global standards and a major milestone in India’s Standardisation Journey.
We thank the Department of Telecommunications for inviting us to nominate our experts for elections to the ITU-T leadership positions.
- Mr Ritu Ranjan Mittar, Telecommunication Engineering Center (TEC) as Chair SG11 (Signalling requirements, protocols, test specifications and combating counterfeit telecommunication / information and communication technology (ICT) devices)
- Mr Vijay Kumar Roy, Department of Telecommunications as Vice Chair SG2 (Operational aspects of service provision and telecommunications management)
- Mr SK Mishra, Department of Telecommunications as Vice Chair SG3 (Tariff and accounting principles and international telecommunication/ICT economic and policy issues)
- Dr Pradipta Biswas, Indian Institute of Science (IISc) as Vice Chair SG9 (Audio-visual content transmission and integrated broadband cable networks)
- Mr Abhay Shanker Verma, Telecommunication Engineering Center (TEC) as Vice Chair SG13 (Future networks and emerging network technologies)
- Mr Sudipta Bhaumik, Sterlite Technologies Limited as Vice Chair SG15 (Networks, technologies and infrastructures for transport, access and home)
- Mr Ashok Kumar, National Telecommunications Institute for Policy Research, Innovation & Training (NTIPRIT) as Vice Chair SG16 (Multimedia and related digital technologies)
- Mr Pushpendra Kumar Singh, Department of Telecommunications as Vice Chair SG17 (Security)
Given that the current decade is going to be driven by Digital Technologies, we look forward to their leadership and guidance for enhancing India’s IP led contributions on the Global Stage.