Call for Nominations for TSDSI Outstanding Technical Contribution Award – FY 2021-22
It is well known that Standards development in an SDO is generally a multi-stage process spanning ideation- scoping- formal inception- contributions- drafting- approval. This requires persistent efforts over a long period of time. However, each stage in the development is important and requires specialised skills.
This is a Call for Nominations for TSDSI Outstanding Technical Contribution Award FY 21-22
This award has been instituted to recognise the efforts and contributions of individuals in progressing development of a standard or report. It will recognize an individual’s efforts in contributing to and/or championing a Technical activity within TSDSI during the year – April 2021 through March 2022. The individual should be from a bonafide TSDSI member organization for the period in consideration. Award will be for an individual and not a team. The nomination must relate to current, active work in TSDSI in the FY 21-22.
It may be noted that this award is different from the TSDSI Hall of Fame Technical Excellence Award in the following manner:
Outstanding Technical Contributions Awards
Hall of Fame- Technical Excellence Awards
Recognize the efforts and contributions of individuals from Member organizations in technical groups (SG including its WGs) of TSDSI during the year (April through March)
Based on Contributions to technical activity during the year that has resulted in publication of a Technical Report OR a Technical Standard
Contributions made during the period in question only are considered
Recognize the efforts and contributions of individuals from Member organizations for their accomplishments, contributions to TSDSI technical activities
Focuses on outcomes achieved and/or ecosystem impact of the nominee’s body of work at TSDSI (tangible outcome towards a pre-decided objective)
The nominee’s contributions/activities may span beyond the year in which the award is being considered
Details of Awardees of the earlier Outstanding Technical Contributions Awards can be viewed on our website at link here.
Call for Nominations:
The Nomination window is open from this announcement date till 9 December 2022 EoD. A member organization may nominate individuals in format prescribed in Annexure A, by the due date. The nomination forms should be submitted to Gen Pritam Bishnoi for SG Networks/Mr Rajesh Kapoor for SG – Services & Solutions by email.
Rules for Nomination:
1. Awards will be given SG wise. Each SG will have a separate Jury.
2. The award will recognize technical work carried out by the nominee in the FY period (April 2021– March 2022).
3. Details of the Contributions to TSDSI Study Groups and Global SDOs in this period should be provided.
4. Nominees to be individuals from bonafide TSDSI members only.
5. Nominee must be a resident of India and working in India.
6. Nominations can be made only by Members.
7. Members can submit multiple nominations of different individuals.
8. Self-nomination by a member can also be done.
9. Nominations will not rolled over to next year.
10. Jury members are not eligible for being nominated.
11. Jury Committee will comprise the SG chair, Vice Chair, Secretariat Technical Advisor and Director General. Conveners of the committee are Gen Pritam Bishnoi for SG-Networks and Mr Rajesh Kapoor for SG- Services & Solutions.
12. Jury members should not nominate any persons for the awards. However, they can solicit nominations.
13. Jury members are selected in their individual capacity.
14. A Maximum of 2 awards can be given in a category.
15. Jury may choose not to select anyone for the awards if no-one suitable is found.
16. Further Eligibility Criteria and Assessment methodology for Technical Excellence Awards are given in Annexure B.
The “Awards Panel” constituted for evaluating the nominations is provided in Annexure C.
We look forward to receiving your nominations,
Standards development in an SDO is generally a multi-stage process spanning ideation- scoping- formal inception- contributions- drafting- approval. This requires persistent efforts over a long period of time. However, each stage in the development is important and requires specialized skills.
TSDSI Outstanding Technical Contributions Award has been constituted to recognize the efforts and contributions of individuals in progressing development of a standard. It will recognize an individual’s efforts in contributing to and/or championing a technical activity within TSDSI during the year (April through March). The efforts may either have given desired results or have the potential of yielding significant results.
The first edition of these awards for the Financial Year 2020-21 was held in the TSDSI General Body e-Meeting #17 on 1st February 2022. The awardees received a certificate, conferred virtually, from Ms Deepa Tyagi, Sr DDG- TEC.
Awardees of the Outstanding Technical Contributions for FY 2020-21:
|Ms Priyanka Dey
|Mr Vinay Shrivastava
|Mr Kaarthik Sivakumar
|Mr Harpreet Singh