SG-Services&Solutions is responsible for standardization activities for the following:
- Definition of requirements for telecom industry and related services and applications, including:
- Service level requirements and features for various domains and applications (e.g. IoT/M2M, Automotive, Public safety, Health).
- Development of end-to-end service capabilities and architecture, based on the requirements, including:
- Technical specifications for application layer functional elements and interfaces.
- System aspects such as QoS, interoperability, etc.
- Data management aspects such as schemas, analytics, provisioning, etc.
- Localization components in services and systems e.g. Indian languages.
- Security and Privacy aspects in the end to end telecom networks. It includes
- Determining the security and privacy requirements for telecom networks including the mobile cellular and fixed-line networks across user equipments, access network, transport network, core network and service layer security aspects.
- Specifying the related security architectures and protocols.
- Energy performance for telecommunication networks including access, user equipment, aggregation, core including the underlying transport systems, including:
- Setting the energy performance related requirements across the end to end network
- Benchmarking network energy performance
- Energy optimization for networks
- Energy performance testing
- Recommendations of test requirements and evaluation methodologies for any service level conformance testing activities.
SG-Services&Solutions is also responsible for liaison for regulatory aspects between TSDSI and external govt. agencies on the above topics as required, in coordination with TSDSI secretariat
SG-Services&Solutions works closely with SG-Networks for those aspects that are related to security in access network, core networks or wireless/wireline based backhaul networks.
For details of SGSS activities, Please click here.