SG-Networks is responsible for standardization activities for the following:
- Wireless communication systems including Radio-based access and Mobile core networks, the functional elements constituting these networks and the interfaces between these networks.
- Overall system architecture as well as the protocol interface between various user equipment or customer premises equipment and the elements in the access network e.g. base stations, relay stations, etc.
- Software defined networking (SDN) aspects and Network function virtualization (NFV) of the access and core networks.
- Backhaul using wireless & wireline, microwave, optical and/or packet based transport networks and related SDN & NFV aspects, systems, equipments, optical fiber cables, along with the related control plane, network management, performance monitoring & reporting, synchronization, interfaces, multi-layer optimization techniques and testing aspects.
- Spectrum studies related to the above areas, and technical recommendations.
- Interference studies including co-channel, adjacent channel, and inter-system interference.
SG-Networks is also responsible for liaison for regulatory aspects between TSDSI and external govt. agencies on the above topics as required, in coordination with TSDSI secretariat
SG-Networks works closely with SG-Services&Solutions for service-level requirements
For details of SGN activities, Please click here.