India EU Stakeholders’ Workshop on 5G Technology Landscape (5-6 Feb, 2019: New Delhi)
February 5 - February 6
TSDSI-5GIA-BIF supported by EU Delegation to India and India EU Partnership Project on ICT Cooperation
India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
5-6 February 2019
As the global community gears up to implement the first wave of 5G technologies, it is important to collaborate on the trials and pilots and share the experiences. At the same time, a shared vision for further development of technologies and deployment of futuristic technologies, is necessary to accelerate the delivery of benefits of this wave of telecom to the global community at large.
Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) has been leading efforts to incorporate India specific requirements and solutions thereof from 5G in global forums. The 5G Infrastructure Association (5G-IA) is the voice of the European Industry for the development and evolution of 5G, and thus committed to build global consensus on 5G. Broadband India Forum (BIF), is championing efforts on leveraging 5G technologies for the propagation of broadband in India.
With the support of EU Delegation to India and India-EU Partnership Project on ICT Cooperation,
TSDSI and BIF have joined hands with 5GIA to organize a workshop that will bring together technology experts from the EU and India geographies to share their experiences and explore areas of mutual collaboration.
The workshop will cover topics from following areas:
- mmWave and VLC Building Network Architecture
- 5G Architecture and applications
- 5G Trials, Interoperability and Test Beds,
- Rural 5G
- Cloud and Satellite viz. 5G
Speakers at the workshop include Experts from EU and India, Mr Jean-Pierre Bienaimé, Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi, Mr T V Ramachandran, Mr Satish Jamadagni, Mr Anindya Saha, Dr Belkacem Mouhouche, Mr Gourav Prateek Sharma, Mr David Gutierez Estevez, Mr Romain Bucelle, Dr John Cosmas, Prof. Kiran Kuchi, Dr R K Ganti, Mr R Prakash and others.
Participation: Participation is OPEN TO ALL on prior registration here. Due to limited seats in the workshop, participants will be confirmed on first-cum-first serve basis.
VISA Facilitation Support: Speaker and participating delegates requiring invitation letters for Visa purposes may send an email request to email@example.com stating 5G-Workshop VISA request in the subject line.
Program Agenda of the workshop is as follows:
|Day 1||Tuesday, 5th February 2019|
|0900 – 0930||REGISTRATION|
|0930 – 1030||INAUGURAL SESSION: Context Setting
Welcome Remarks by DG, TSDSI
Prof. Bhaskar Ramamurthi, Director IIT Madras and Chairman TSDSI (TBC)
Mr Jean-Pierre Bienaimé, 5GIA
Mr T V Ramachandran, BIF (Video Message) TBC
Mr Benoit Sauveroche, EU Delegation to India TBD
DoT, Govt. of India (TBD)
|1100-1130||Current Status of 5G Standardization – Satish Jamadagni, Vice Chairman TSDSI|
|1130 – 1245||SESSION: 5G mmWave and VLC Building Network Architecture
· 5G PPP IoRL (Internet of Radio Light) – “5G mmWave and VLC Building Network Architecture: First Key Performance Indicator Results from the IoRL project”, John Cosmas, Project Technical Director
· Videos demonstration showcasing IoRL
· Mr Subhas Mondal, WIPRO
|1330-1500||SESSION: 5G Trials
· “Pan-European 5G Trials Roadmap, and international trials”, Jean-Pierre Bienaimé, Secretary General, 5GIA
· India initiatives, Prof. Kiran Kuchi
Panel Discussion (Mr TV Ramachandran, BIF; Mr JeanPierre Bienaimé, 5GIA: Prof.Kiran Kuchi, TSDSI; Mr Kishore Babu, DDG Policy, DoT)
|1530-1630||SESSION: Rural 5G
· Overview of Low Mobility Large Cells (LMLC), Dr. Radha Krishna Ganti
· Panel Discussion (Prof. Kiran Kuchi, TSDSI; Mr Andreas Sommer, India EU PP for ICT cooperation; Mr V L Shankar, RJIO; Mr Senthil, Ericsson; Mr R B Prasad, WPC, DoT)
|1630-1730||SESSION: 5G Interoperability and Test Beds
· An overview of India 5G testbeds activities, Dr. Radha Krishna Ganti, IIT Madras
· RF and Antenna design challenges in Indigenous 5G test bed development”.
· Panel Discussion: Mr A K Mittal, Advisor-Networks, TSDSI; Dr Radha Krishna Ganti, Mr R Prakash-CDOT, Dr P H Rao, SAMEER-Centre for Electromagnetics; Expert from Samsung and Intel (TBD)*
|1800-2000||Networking Cocktails/Dinner event (TBD)|
|Day 2||Wednesday, 6th February 2019|
|0930-1045||Session : 5G Architecture and applications
· 5G-MoNArch (5G Mobile Network Architecture for diverse services, use cases and applications in 5G & beyond) – “5G Architecture and Slicing for Customized Networks: the 5G-MoNArch Vision”, Marco Gramaglia, University Carlos III of Madrid, deputy TM of 5G-MoNArch
· Video demonstration by MoNArch
TSDSI Expert on Application use cases and Architecture Frameworks*
|1045 – 1115||Networking Tea|
|1115-1245||SESSION : 5G and Cloud
· NGPaaS (Next Generation Platform as a Service) – “Next Generation Platform as a Service: 5G Cloud Native Solution”, Gourav Prateek Sharma, Research Assistant/Gent University
· Video and/or demo possible
· Overview of Cloud Interoperability and Portability standards development, Prof. Dinkar Sitaram (TBC)
· Expert talk by Mr Satish Jamadagni, Vice Chairman TSDSI
· Panel Discussion (Panelists TBD)*
|1330-1445||SESSION: Satellite for 5G
· SaT5G (Satellite and Terrestrial Network for 5G), Romain Bucelle, 5G R&D coordinator, Thales Alenia Space
· Video and/or demo tbc
· Expert talk, Dr P K Jain, ISRO (TBC)
· Technology and Standards initiatives, Prof. Kiran Kuchi
· Frequency coordination matters, Ms Revathi, WPC expert DoT (TBC)
· Indian SATCOM Industry perspective, Mr Gaurav Kharod, Intelsat/Mr Krishna, Hughes
|1445 – 1515||Networking Tea|
|1515 – 1615||SESSION: 5G – Broadcast
· 5G-Xcast (Broadcast and Multicast Communication Enablers for the 5th Generation of Wireless Systems) – “The role of broadcast in 5G networks”, Dr. Belkacem Mouhouche, Project Technical Director
· Video and/or demo possible
· Expert talk by Mr Anindya Saha, Saankhya Labs
|1615 – 1700||SESSION: CONCLUDING SESSION
Panel Discussion on Way Forward for mutual collaboration, Panelists TBD*
[* Nomination requests for speaking slots (marked in yellow in the detailed program agenda below) are welcome from TSDSI and BIF member experts. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your nomination requests, giving the speaker and proposed topic name].
- Mr Jean-Pierre Bienaime, 5GIA
- Kiran Kuchi, Mr Satish Jamadagni, Mr Jishnu Aravindakshan, Mr A K Mittal, Ms Bindoo Srivastava, TSDSI
- Mr T V Ramachandran, Mr Arun Prakash, Mr Debashish Bhattacharya, BIF
- Mr Rahul Gupta, EU Delegation to India
- Mr Sachin Gaur, India EU PP
- Mr Anil Prakash, Mr Arun Mukarji, Ms Neema Sunil Kumar, BIF
- Ms Bindoo Srivastava, Mr Sarat Sahoo, TSDSI
About the Organizers:
Telecommunications Standards Development Society, India (TSDSI) aims at developing and promoting India-specific requirements, standardizing solutions for meeting these requirements and contributing these to international standards; contributing to global standardization in the field of telecommunications; maintaining the technical standards and other deliverables of the organization; safe-guarding the related IPR; helping create manufacturing expertise in the country. TSDSI (website https://www.tsdsi.in) is registered as a society under India’s Societies Registration Act XXI, 1860 and is recognised by the Department of Telecommunications, Govt. of India as India’s Telecom SDO.
More information is available at https://tsdsi.in
The 5G Infrastructure Association is the private side of the 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP). It is an industry led association committed to the realisation of 5G in Europe by 2020 for the benefit of both European society and industry. The 5G IA is committed to build global consensus on 5G. To this aim, the Association and its Members (operators, manufacturers, research and academic institutes, verticals, SMEs) carry out a wide-range of activities in key strategic areas including standardisation, frequency spectrum, R&D, cooperation with other strategic industry sectors. The 5G Public Private Partnership (5G PPP) is the 5G collaborative research program that is organized as part of the European Commission’s Horizon 2020 program – The European Union Program for Research and Innovation. It is aimed at fostering industry-driven research, monitored by business-related, technological performance and societal KPIs. Within this research and innovation framework, the European Commission, with the approval of the European Parliament, has committed 700M€ of public funds to supporting 5G PPP activities. As part of the partnership role, complementary private investment in the order of at least five times this amount is being provided by Industry, SMEs, and Research Institutes to realize the 5G-PPP vision. The 5G PPP will deliver solutions, architectures, technologies and standards for the ubiquitous next generation communication infrastructures of the coming decade.
More information is available at http://5g-ppp.eu/. Twitter: @5GPPP, #5GPPPMWC
Broadband India Forum (BIF) is a policy forum and a think tank which works towards the propagation of Broadband in India and has participation from Digital Service Providers, Technology Providers, R&D and Chip Design Companies, System Integrators, Project Management, Satellite Service & Solution Providers, MSO and DTH, VSAT Service Providers and a large pool of intellectuals. The scope of BIF broadly relates to the activities concerning training, research, study, promotion and establishment on /of convergent technologies and projects based on Internet Protocol (IP), Broadband and SatCom-Broadcasting particularly over wire line and wireless; as also advocacy, coordination, facilitation and promotion of all activities with the objective of furthering the goals of the National Telecom Policy and in particular IP, Broadband and SatCom-Broadcasting and in general New Technologies. The activities of the Forum broadly relate to conducting research in collaboration with reputed institutions and to work with Government and Regulatory to assist them with inputs in various areas as well as coordination, promotion and formulation of expert opinion on topical subjects related to Broadband.
More information is available at http://www.broadbandindiaforum.com/