- This event has passed.
MultiCity Developers’ Tutorial & Hackathon on “oneM2M based Open Source Platform”
October 27, 2018 - October 30, 2018
Dear TSDSI members,
TSDSI is proud to announce the 2nd edition of the Multi-City Developers’ Tutorials & Hackathon under the aegis of the “India EU Partnership Project for Collaboration on ICT standardization, Policy and Regulatory matters”, of which TSDSI is the India Anchor SDO. Tutorials and hackathons are a flagship initiative of this project to promote awareness of interoperable standards based platforms in the developers’ and startup communities.
The tutorial and hackathon will be conducted using an open source implementation of oneM2M, developed by the French Research lab, LAAS – CNRS. The theme of this edition is “Smart City Applications”.
About the Tutorial: The tutorial will be conducted by Prof. Thierry Monteil, LAAS CNRS, INSA, University of Toulouse. It will be held in IIIT Hyderabad (27th October 2018) and IIT Kanpur (30th October 2018). Dr. Thierry Monteil is Professor in computer science at INSA – University of Toulouse and researcher at LAAS-CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research). He works on parallel computing, Cloud resources management, autonomic middleware, machine-to-machine and Internet of Things architecture. He represents CNRS at ETSI, oneM2M consortium and at Eclipse foundation. He has created the OM2M project and co-leads the OM2M eclipse open source project. He was the chief resource person for the previous (first) first edition of the tutorial cum hackathons in different cities in India in February 2018.
About the Hackathon: The hackathon will be conducted in IIIT Hyderabad on 28th October, 2018. Its theme is Smart City Applications, with challenges in four areas, namely, Energy efficiency in smart buildings, Pollution monitoring, Smart healthcare services and Disaster management. The hackathon comprises two rounds – First round for preliminary selection and second round for the shortlisted teams.
- First Round: In this preliminary round, participating teams are required to submit an online proposal on any of the challenges. The proposal may comprise usage of certain application specific sensors. Organisers can provide any specific sensors for the challenge proposed by the shortlisted teams (upto a maximum cost of INR 5000).
- Second Round: 15 teams comprising of approx. 60 individuals will be shortlisted and be invited to participate in the hackathon. Shortlisted candidates will be intimated over email by October 10, 2018. They will be trained on the oneM2M compliant platform before the hackathon.
The shortlisted teams will be provided food and technical support during the tutorial and the hackathon in IIT Hyderabad. However, they will have to make arrangements for their travel and boarding to the Hackathon venue on their own.
The winning team will be awarded a fully paid trip to the EU.
Schedule, Venue and Participation:
Tutorial @IIIT Hyderabad: 27th October 2018, 09:00-18:00 IST
Hackathon @IIIT Hyderabad: 28th October 2018, 09:00-18:00 IST
- Deadline for submitting responses to the 1st Round: 5th October 2018 23:55 IST.
- Intimation to shortlisted teams for the 2nd Round: 10th October2018
- 2nd and Final Round of Hackathon preceded by Tutorial: 27-28, October 2018
Tutorial @IIT Kanpur: 30th October 2018, 09:00-18:00 IST
Participation is open to all on prior registration. Visit www.indiaeu-ictstandards.in/developer-tutorial-and-hackathon-october-2018 for registering and for submitting proposals for first round of the hackathon.
India EU Partnership Project : Mr Sachin Gaur ( email@example.com )
TSDSI : Ms Bindoo Srivastava ( firstname.lastname@example.org )