- This event has passed.
The Digital Dialogues – Celebrating World Wi-Fi Day – “The Role of Wi-Fi in Broadband Proliferation” (June 19, 2020: Webinar)
June 19, 2020 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm
TSDSI is partnering with Broadband India Forum (BIF), Bharat Exhibitions along with IEEE-SA, Wi-Fi Alliance, Wireless Broadband Alliance & Asia Video Industry Association, to organise the 2nd edition of “Digital Dialogues” on “The Role of Wi-Fi in Broadband Proliferation”. The webinar is scheduled on 19 June 2020, on the eve of World Wi-Fi Day.
About the Webinar:
With only about 0.35 million Wi-Fi hotspots compared to a global availability of 169 million, India offers immense scope for use of Public Wi-Fi as a means to build on broadband proliferation across the countryscape. NDCP’ vision for atleast 10 million Public Wi-Fi hotspots in India by 2022, backed by TRAI’s progressive recommendations to the Government on Proliferation of Broadband through Public Wi-Fi Networks, vindicate the immeasurable benefits it will bring forth to the citizens of India, the economy and the entire nation.
The webinar will delve into the role of Wi-Fi in delivering ‘Broadband for All’, thus helping realize the objective of ‘Digital India’ of the Government of India.
- Ajit Pai, Chairman Federal Communications Commission (USA) – Chief Guest
- R. S Sharma, Chairman TRAI, Government of India – Session Chair
- Shri Anshu Prakash, Chairman Digital Communications Commission & Secretary Department of Telecommunications – Special Guest of Honour
- Dorothy Stanley, Chair Wi-Fi Working Group IEEE – Special Guest of Honour
- Abhay Karandikar, Director IIT Kanpur & Former Chairman TSDSI – Special Guest of Honour
- T.V Ramachandran, President Broadband India Forum – Welcome Address
Schedule: June 19, 2020 5:30 PM to 7:00 PM IST.
Participation: Participation in the Webinar is by prior registration here.
The guidelines for participating in the Airmeet Webinar can be viewed here